Revision question from VSG to DS

Nath76
on 1/23/12 11:02 pm
Good Morning,

Not sure I am posting this on the right board but here it is....

After six months of denial and apealing, I just heard good news that the Medical Director would reconsider my denial for DS. I had a VSG back in 2008 and now getting for the DS. Can anyone know where I can get information for such revision... like information if my pouch should be resized? I have heard somewhere that just adding the switch separately from the pouch does not guaranty as much weight loss. Thank you for sending those links if available.

Nathalie
MsBatt
on 1/24/12 5:16 am
It's believed that having the two halves of the DS at the same time gives the very best weight loss. When the Ds is done as planned two-stage operation, most surgeons try to do the second stage withint the first 6-12 months, for greater efficiency.

Who is your surgeon? Any good DS surgeon can add the switch to your existing Sleeve. If, however, you think your Sleeve needs to be reduced as well, then I'd go with a well-known revision surgeon.

Check out the link in my signature---you can talk with some very experienced DS vets and revision patients there.

Nath76
on 1/24/12 5:31 am
My surgeon is Dr Sudan at Duke. For some reason it is asking me for login info and I cant register from here. After testing, the surgeon did tell me that my sleeve had stretched so  that is something I i will definitly be discussing however, right now we have just been fighting to do the DS ( Actually Dr Sudan and his nurse, have done all the fighting and pushing)....
Most Active
Recent Topics