revision due to ulcers

Veronica David
on 2/15/12 11:40 am - Kokomo, IN
In May 2011 I had to have revision of my RNY due to severe ulcers. The surgery was supposed to get rid of ulcers and make it where they likely wouldn't recur. However, 2 mos post revision I had ulcers again.  :(   I am so upset. Jan. 31st I just had a reversal/ take down of my RNY. I am so emotional over all this. I don't know how to handle this. I feel like a failure. Plus dealing with the pain/nausea and some vomiting of the healing process. Anyone else experienced this or had to have a complete reversal?
2doxies2love
on 2/21/12 4:26 am - ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++, MI
Hi I also had a revision of my RNY due to ulcers and now i have no ulcers however still unable to eat due to vomiting neasua and pain they are now telling me to see a surgeon to have my RNY revised to a VSG did they suggest this for yu? also how are you doing after the take down i feel bad for you i know what you are going through kind of i live on a feeding tube now
Veronica David
on 2/21/12 11:22 am - Kokomo, IN
Oh bless your heart. It is a hard hard journey. I am so sorry you are suffering so. I know how it is. I am now 3 wks post op and doing ok. I am very emotional. Bless your heart. I will pray for you. I can not imagine having to live on a feeding tube. Is your original surgeon helping you....or have they passed you on to someone else? Btw, I notice your user name is 2doxies2 love.....I am assuming you have 2 doxies! I have 6!!! Well, 5 and one chi-weenie. I have done dachshund rescue for 4 yrs now and love it. They are dolls! Hang in there and let me know if you need someone to chat with that understands. Been there, done that and hated it.

Veronica C. David
<"();:::::::;~

Most Active
Recent Topics