Revision postponed

Michele1az
on 3/6/12 10:44 pm - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13
My March 9th revision has been postponed due to my low iron. My primary care doctor sent me to a GI doctor who is doing a colonoscopy on Monday (already having anxiety attacks about it). When that is clear, I will probably have an upper GI (why didn't he start with that?). He thinks I have been taking too many Aleve and I might have a stomach bleed or that there might be rubbing around my band.

I AM SO SCARED. Has anyone else had this issue? I am 40. I have not had a period for 2 months, so no heavy bleeding. My mom has stomach lessions, so that is probably what I have, but he always checks the colon first.

I am trying to stay positive and to REALLY believe that I will have the surgery and LOSE the weight.

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

Toy T.
on 3/7/12 2:00 am
DS on 02/22/12
 I am so sorry Michele. I also had low iron but that was due to my anemia so the 3 weeks before surgery I had IV iron infusions and at hospital they gave me iron. How did they jump from low iron to GI usses?
Hislady
on 3/7/12 8:50 am - Vancouver, WA
I was out for my colonoscopy, they gave me a twilight anesthesia and I don't remember a thing. No pain or anything just went home and back to normal the next day. Actually I had an endoscopy at the same time, so was out for the whole thing.
heathercross
on 3/7/12 8:57 am - New York, NY
 Be happy you have a doctor who is intune with your body and isn't a factory.  My bf was schedule to have PS and her iron was seriously low, dangerously low.  She had it post poned for 6 mos and underwent iron infusions.  Many RNY patients have serious malabsorption issues.
Karen H.
on 3/7/12 10:53 am
I too am sorry Michele, I hope you get things cleared up soon and get healthy..
I have a question.Has anyone had a revision from the RNY to a lap band or some other revision from RNY?
How did you do with the surgery and what kind of problems did you have if any?

Thank You

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

Most Active
Recent Topics