My band is out

fairy_kissez
on 3/9/12 5:44 am - Albuquerque, NM

My band was removed on Tuesday, it went well and there was nothing damaged. I am sad, I know it sounds crazy but I feel like I am grieving my band. It was my buddy for 3 years and now...its gone. I know that it was for my own good but now I just feel left with no hope for nothing not even a revision. At first my surgeon said I could have the RNY but then he changed his mind and said that because of the amounts of steroids I have to take to stay alive that the RNY is not an option. I have gained back 64lbs since I had to go on steroids which makes me feel like such a failure, I know its not my fault but its to hard to think logically right now. He said that the sleeve is the only one option but I am not sure about that. My insurance dont cover it but he said he would fight hard for it if I wanted it. At this point I am not sure I even want to go through this anymore. I wouldnt even consider it unless my lupus was in complete remission. Oh well, thanks for letting me vent.

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

Toy T.
on 3/9/12 7:33 am
DS on 02/22/12
 I am so sorry. It is not your fault and I know you will find someone way to get the needed revision surgery you need. 
Hislady
on 3/9/12 8:10 am - Vancouver, WA
Actually I've read where the need for steroids or having to be able to take NSAIDs sometimes help get a revision to a surgery that isn't normally covered. Lupus is a rough disease to live with I'm so sorry that you've had to go thru all this! Maybe just take some time to deal with your grief and then down the road decide which way you want to go. There is a real grief folks go thru when they lose their bands so don't think that it is silly or anything. Feel free to vwent away any old time, sometmes that's all we need, just to get all the feelings out. I may not have any answers for you but feel free to PM me anytime. I'm usually on here daily!
Most Active
Recent Topics