Band over Bi-Pass

LYNN11
on 4/23/12 6:26 am - VALLEJO, CA
Anyone know anything about the surgery Carnie Wilson had. I had my RNY in 2005
Lost 275lbs, I have gained back 150 and I really need help?
Turtle Lynn
on 4/23/12 8:43 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

I am pretty sure she got a Lap-Band over her bypass.

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Hislady
on 4/23/12 1:42 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just be aware that she is being paid by the band company she got her band from to "advertise" it for them!
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/12 2:13 am - WA
did they sign her up for a spokesperson and then she got the band?
Karen H.
on 4/24/12 4:08 am
I like you had RNY in 2004 and have gained all my weight back. But I am not so sure Carnie is the one to follow. I followed her with the RNY and now look..

..."Let Us Love The World To Peace"...

poolew4eva
on 4/24/12 7:24 am - Oxford, NC
Hi I'm also thinking about revision surgery.I had surgery back in 2002 and recently started gaining weight and I'm becoming depressed. I think carnie had ryn,not sure thoughNbut I would do the surgery again in a heartbeat. Keep in touch!!!!!!
heathercross
on 4/24/12 8:48 am - New York, NY
 Hi Lynn.  First off, Carnie Wilson is a JOKE.  Ok, now that I got that out of the way....

Let me preface this by saying I had a BOB last June.  I had an RNY in 2002, went from 305ish to 175 (after PS) and settled at 183.  I went back up to 250 before I had my BOB in June.  I am now at 189 and almost at my 1st goal.  All my old clothes either fit or are too big plus, I am exercising a lot.  The BOB is SLOW WEIGHT LOSS, not a quick fix, silver bullet like the RNY.  However, I love it and I have restriction again and I am not hungry.  However, that being said, before you consider a BAND, go over to the Band forumn and read all the Bandbashers so you know the good, the bad and the ugly.  

Ok, Couple questions for you to think about since you didn't mention them in your post.

Why do you want a revision?  I know you've gained weight back but is there something mechinically wrong as to why or did you eat bad foods, sweets, graze, not exercise, etc?  
Did something mechinically go wrong?  
What where the results of the Endoscopy?  
CT Scan of your Abdoment?  
Upper GI?

Have you seen your old surgeon yet? You need to tell us a little more background.
LYNN11
on 4/26/12 3:29 am - VALLEJO, CA

Thanks for responding, no I haven't seen my old surgeon yet. I am seeing my primary next week and asking her opinion, I do plan on making an appointment with my surgeon so I have not had any of those tests that you have mentioned.
Yes I am eating bad foods, and grazing and not exercising. I got very depressed after I was gaining because I was able to eat much more than before. I am amazed at how much I am able to eat, so my stomach or stoma has had to have stretched.
What was the reason for your weight gain?

Thanks,
Lynn

Fobi052000
on 5/4/12 12:30 pm

I am new to this site and really not sure how to move around and get all the info I need.  I was wondering if  you could tell me if anyone has heard of a BOB over Dr. Fobi's Pouch?  
I had my Fobi Pouch in 2000 and went down to approx 158 and am now 206. 
I am so depressed and am hungry all the time.. just like before WLS. 
I did have a test done and they said my pouch was NOT stretched.. but yet I continue to gain weight?

Any suggestions/advise is appreciated.

Thanks so much.

CBartee
on 5/4/12 8:13 am - Baltimore, MD
Revision on 03/29/12
Hi Lynn,
I too had the RNY in 2005 and regained most of my weight back. I had a revision done BOB March 29th, 2012 and has lost 26 pounds so far.  I had my first fill last week and feel great.  The weight loss is slower than the original surgery but I am happy that my surgeon decided the BOB for my revision.  It not only allows me to make good healthy decisions but it allows me to mentally prepare myself whereas in my opinion, the original RNY weight loss was to fast for me to handle.  Good luck!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics