HELP...questions for revision veterans

WannaSew
on 6/30/12 8:11 am - Dandridge, TN
I am just over 5 months out ... had my lapband removed and revised to gastic bypass...

start out weight (before band) 315...231 before Gastric... now 168...

the weight is certainly coming off...but I'm not sure this is the way to do it...
the first 4 months were not bad...in lots of pain after surgery...(I had an erosion, also removed my gall bladder and spleen...) slow recovery ...back to work at 7 weeks (part-time) then slowly back into full time

recently , early June...I started having more nausea and lots of diarria (4 days worth...nothing stayed in...went straight through me)...went to family dr here in Knoxville ( We moved here in May) after lots of blood work we decided that it was from having taken some strong anti-biotics and it had my "flora" in my gut messed up...gave me 1000 unit  IV, concerned about me being dehydrated ...started eating eating yougurt...seemed to get better...then I started to have the nausea and diarrea again...(I was a bad girl and did have some Ice cream...it has been so Hot) 

So my major question...what can I do to off set these symptoms?...am I going to fight with this every time I deal with anti-biotics (is that a reasonable cause of the original illness???) what other things can I do ?? (other than stay away from sugar, duhh) any help wound be appriciated!!!

Thanks Debbi

susan17821
on 6/30/12 11:57 am - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12

Hi Debbie,

When ever I am on antibiotics I eat lots of yogurt.  My pharmacist told me that generic antibiotics have something in them that causes a laxative effect, apparently it is some kind of filler.  I know my sister always has her physician write a script for name brand antibiotics because she has the same problem. Hope this helps a little. 

Susan

WannaSew
on 6/30/12 12:35 pm - Dandridge, TN
 thanks so much for your response....I will certainly have doc write any additional scripts for non-generic antibiotics for in the future...this has been the hardest part...my husband is getting very concerned because I am now losing the weight way to fast...he is enjoying having a a much thinner wife...but he is getting VERY concerned
Ladytazz
on 6/30/12 12:17 pm
Try some probiotics.  They might work better then yogurt.  Also, you may now be lactose intolerant.  Try some Lactaid pills (or generic) before you have milk and see if that helps.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

WannaSew
on 6/30/12 12:38 pm - Dandridge, TN
I actually just got back from a health-food store getting some good pro-biotics...hoping those help...
I will check into the lactaid...certainly don't want to be experiencing this much...I am ready to get on with my life 
Most Active
Recent Topics