IT'S OFFICIAL THE BAND HAS TO COME OUT

ceedott
on 7/2/12 3:30 am - PA
waiting for a date to have the band removed and i have to wait 6 months before we even discuss a revision thats if my insurance will cover it..he wants time for my espophagus to heal and to see how things look when he goes and take the band out..hope everything is okay
pineview01
on 7/2/12 5:03 am - Davison, MI
I was told by primary I need mine out last yeat and still have it  Trying to get a revision lined up for the same time but, no luck yet.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ceedott
on 7/2/12 5:09 am - PA
i was hoping to get revised the same day as the band being taken out but it doesn't seem possilbe b/c of my condition he wants to wait  6 months
susan17821
on 7/2/12 11:31 am - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12
I had really bad problems with my esophogus due to the band, so I had it deflated totally 2 years ago, it took me another year to decide to have it removed and have the revision. I'm very lucky, I had the band out and revision done at the same time. 
ceedott
on 7/3/12 3:59 am - PA
what surgery did you get? and what's your insurance?? i have khpeand i'm not sure if they would even  cover  revision...would like to get vsg
susan17821
on 7/3/12 5:19 am - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12
I have medicare. They coverered the band removal and Rny

ceedott
on 7/3/12 5:22 am - PA
oh okay i wish i could be that lucky..for now i'm going to try weigh****chers b/c i gained over 40lbs back
pineview01
on 7/3/12 12:03 pm, edited 7/5/12 8:18 pm - Davison, MI
I too had really bad problems with my esophogus.  Had it totally delated at one year out and two years out.  It has been a year and a half now with it just sitting there.  I was told I would have to go thru the whole process again if I "want" another surgery.  What part of 2.5 years of medical problems dont they understand.

I am fighting to get the gastric sleeve.  I can't see any reason to wait between.  They only left it empty 6-8 weeks each time to heal.  I was the one that left it empty longer the second time hoping to work things out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

susan17821
on 7/4/12 6:12 am - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12
I know how frustrating it can be, hang in there. 

pineview01
on 7/5/12 8:17 pm - Davison, MI
I was told last night I have to wait 2 months between band out and gastric sleeve revision.  He said it is due to the capsule that form where the band is.  If that area isn't allowed to heal after the band is taken out there can be a weak spot and increase risk of leak.

So, looks like two surgeries.

Most Active
Recent Topics