SCHEDULED FOR BAND REMOVAL 10/1/2012

ceedott
on 8/6/12 3:49 am - PA
 approved for removal but can't get a revision or start trying for one until 6 months after everything heals so i'm going to focus on my health first before i think about a second surgery but i do want to get VSG if my insurance approves it fingers crossed
Sherrie P.
on 8/6/12 10:47 am
RNY on 02/06/13
Good luck. Glad the band is coming out.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

pineview01
on 8/6/12 3:05 pm - Davison, MI
Sounds familar!

Good luck with your removal!  I see the sugeon about mine on the 9th.

Here's hoping you a safe and speedy recovery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 12:06 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Best wishes with that.

Ask about what standards will apply for the revision in six months.  If they apply the original BMI requirements and you don't meet the standards for WLS, you won't get the revision.

How long have you been pressing for band removal and revision?  If's it has been awhile and you've had an empty band as an interim measure, you may be healed enough for revision immediately, if you self pay for the revision itself.  If this is the case, look into the dollars and cents/sense of it.  In my case, the price was about the same, whether or not the insurance paid for the revision.  I was getting the same song and dance from my insurance to request the revision three to six months following band removal after they had informally told that they were doing to approve the revision concurrently with band removal.  I'm electing to self pay for the revision itself.  I can't see having two related surgeries within a relatively short period of time when it can be done with one.

If I can be of any assistance, please send me a PM.

Lisa
ceedott
on 8/7/12 12:12 am - PA
i just found out june 28th the band needs to come out.., my dr stated he wouldn't recommend revision at the time bc of the damage from the band haven't had liquid in my band since..ow much does  self pay cost for revision to vsg??
(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 3:11 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Depends upon the cir****tances.

My surgeon reviewed my policy limits and charged me what the maximum out-of-pocket expense would have been.  My insurance is picking up the band removal, the repair of the hiatal hernia and appendix removal and I am paying for the revision itself.  Between hospital and surgeon fees, my share is $6K.  My surgeon is not charging me a separate program fee (if my insurance had paid for the revision, it would have been $1,500).  Dollars and sense/cents, this is the better bet for me, especially since I've known for over a year that my band needs to be removed and it's been unfilled since October.  I just consider myself fortunate I haven't needed emergency surgery.
ceedott
on 9/12/12 7:52 am - PA

my band removal date has changed to nov 7th i called my dr office bc i wanted to know if there was anyway they can check to see if i'm healed enough to try for a revision as well b/c i've gained all my weight back and now i'm 248lbs i want to do the removal/revision same surgery not sure what my dr or insurance is going to say waiting on a call

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/12 11:07 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Good luck!
ceedott
on 9/13/12 5:11 am - PA
THANKS
pineview01
on 9/12/12 9:47 am, edited 9/15/12 2:11 am - Davison, MI
I had my band out 9/4/12.  Had my follow up today. 
My center that was so supportive just a month ago seems to have
done a 180.  They all knew I wanted a VSG conversion.  The insurance implemented a once in a lifetime WLS.  Long story short ever time the insurance gives an inch, the center becomes less cooperative.

They have a new director and I think it is affecting everyone. I will
keep fighting the good fight until the bitter end whatever that may be.

Even though the band was unfilled, they won't do both surgeries at the same time.  After seeing the photo of my stomach after the empty band was removed I can see why.  What a hot mess it is.

Fingers crossed here for you!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics