rny revision to sleeve..any complications? regrets?

tattoobabe
on 11/4/12 2:08 am - MI

I will be going in to have my endoscopy tommorow morning once this isdone the report from this and my other info will be submitted to my insurance company for approval. After my first intial meeting with the surgeon he felt it would be best just tighten up the opening of  the stomach from my rny. However after reviewing the dvd he provided my husband with (he is thinking about getting gastric bypass) and seeing the different procedures i feel  revising to the sleeve would be the better option for me as it removes the part of the stomach that controls hunger. After much discussion with my husband I will be informing the surgeon of what i'd like to have done prior to the endoscopy being done. Those *****vised to a sleeve did you have complications if any after revising to the sleeve? Was your weight loss slow? Do you have any regrets revising to the sleeve? Not sure how my surgeon will feel about this if i'm met with resistance i will not have them submit any info to the insurance and will contact a physician here in michigan in regards to revising to ds.

Hislady
on 11/4/12 5:04 am - Vancouver, WA

All I do know from reading here is that it is a very complicated surgery to do, undoing the RNY and then doing the sleeve takes an expert revision surgeon and not every surgeon can do it. Make sure you get a well qualified surgeon to do this surgery for your own sake.

MsBatt
on 11/4/12 8:09 am

Have you researched the Duodenal Switch? It has a Sleeved stomach plus an intestinal bypass that gives permanent malabsorption of calories, unlike your RNY. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats, period.

As Hislady pointed out, revising the RNY to a different procedure is VERY complicated. All of the surgeons I know of you are qualified to do this are DS surgeons as well

pineview01
on 11/4/12 2:04 pm - Davison, MI

Good Luck!  Let us know what he says.  It doesn't look like your surgeons does the DS and hasn't done many sleeves.  But, it he is as bad as mine about updating info that may not be so.  He does show revisions, make sure you find out if and how many RNY to sleeve revisions he has done.  As stated above it is hard and you don't want him experimenting on you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics