Lapband removal and eating after wards....

Glamazon
on 11/24/12 4:33 am - Mesa, AZ

Hey OH FAM. I have not been on in a month of Sunday's but really need your advise. I'm having my band removed on Nov 28th due to a slip . What were you able to eat during recovery?  Was it the old routine of clear liquid, full liquid, mooshies and so on?

Love is all there is, ever was or ever will be...  

airbender
on 11/25/12 2:32 am

you won't have to do the PO lap band diet again after removal, pretty much each what you can, but be careful.....removal=rapid weight gain, look into a revisional procedure when you are healed.  wishing you the best.

Glamazon
on 11/25/12 3:53 am - Mesa, AZ

Thanks for the info. Wow..I'm surprised. I think I am so programmed to eat this way..I may not ever change. I am  having a RNY in three months so its probably best to just stick to routine and keep on top of any weight gain. Honestly, I can't wait for revision. So tired of band issues.

Love is all there is, ever was or ever will be...  

pineview01
on 11/25/12 9:48 am - Davison, MI

They fed me a graham cracker in the recovery room.  Sent me home with no diet.  I asked.  It really blew my mind.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tink2b
on 11/29/12 10:47 am - moosup, CT
RNY on 12/18/12

Best wishes to you! after two failed lapbands im going in on 12/18 for rny cant wait ! Ive fegzined 50 lbs since feb.Cant wait and so excited for you and all of us that have experienced lap band purgatory and yet still have the courage to reach for our goals!

Most Active
Recent Topics