Rny revision to fix recurrent strictures and marginal ulcer

tinamarie_125
on 11/25/12 10:06 pm, edited 11/25/12 10:43 pm

I had RNY in August 2009. My weight loss has been a success. However, I have had many strictures. This past summer I had to go in every 2 weeks for EGDs. Making my total 16 EGDs over a years time. Finally it healed and no strictures for the past 3 months. Then I woke up in horrible pain a few weeks ago, went to the ER. Long story short, they found a marginal ulcer. I followed up with my (original) surgeon. He said its time to schedule a revision. He described it as making my stomach half the size it is now. This is not a sleeve or DS procedure. I don't know the exact medical term, but basically like a redo of my RNY. My insurance (tricare) will not pay for DS, so that is not an option. I completely trust my surgeon 100 percent. I am scared about doing this all over again. I had a difficult recovery, I don't handle pain well, and I had a really hard time "breaking up" with food. I am looking for anyone who has gone through this same procedure. And any advice you can share. I go back to see him this Thursday to go ahead and schedule a date. Also, my family is very concerned that because I will be starting over, that I will lose weight. I am already pretty small. 

Most Active
Recent Topics