Approval

Lisa Tucker
on 2/22/13 6:12 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

I just got approval for my revision from LapBand to RNY.This will be done by Dr. Guski at the Kane Center in Hoffman Estates, Il. I have been on this Journey since Jan of 2012.My band was giving me major trouble, and the Dr. suggested this. BCBS though, rejected it. So, I had to wait until January of 2013, to go onto Medicare to get this done. I am shooting for april. I have to travel in March, so April it will be.

LISA

Virgie Tschirhart
on 2/22/13 6:42 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17

Hi Lisa,

What BCBS insurance do you have?  I have BCBS Federal.  I don't quite understand how you can have both insurance and Medicare.  Anyway, Congratulations on your surgery date! 

Best Wishes with your weight loss journey!!!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

Hislady
on 2/22/13 3:36 pm - Vancouver, WA

I think she meant she "had" BCBS and they denied it, so she had to wait until she was old enough to get on medicare in Jan. then she could get it because medicare will cover it now. Even on medicare you have to have a supplemental insurance because they don't cover everything.

Lisa congrats I'm in the same boat but I have to wait another 2 1/2 years to get on medicare and with my luck they won't cover it by then!

Lisa Tucker
on 2/22/13 9:56 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Ok, I had been covered by BCBS, through my husband's employer.  When i found out that they had a one weight reduction per person rule, I opted to go on Medicare and Humana.

LISA

Most Active
Recent Topics