I had a revision

Nicole *.
on 3/6/13 7:43 am
I got the lap band done in 2000 and it totally did t work for me. Actually my body almost rejected it. My stomach got really sensitive when I got a fill that was tight enough to keep food of any texture in the top pouch and would bring it back up. It was the worst 5 years of my life. I got a revision to a RNY and couldn't be happier. I have issues with sugar (reactive hypoglycaemia) and major dumping but even with all that I would do it again in a heart beat. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to drop me a message. And read my profile, its a little long but very detailed.

Nicole
TynettaM
on 3/6/13 11:21 pm - Greensboro, NC

Thanks for sharing....i just got insurance approval and should have a date by Monday

jray10706
on 3/7/13 4:25 am

I have a consult on 04/10 for lap to rny revision.  Band did nothing for me.  I weigh 30 pounds more today than I did when I got it.  I am so scared of surgery though. 

Whit
on 3/7/13 5:36 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Do what you think is in your best interest but you have plenty of time to look into conversion to DS... 

Just saying...

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

pineview01
on 3/7/13 9:59 am, edited 3/7/13 10:01 am - Davison, MI

I got my lap band in 2/09.  I only kept mind less than 4  years.  My body rejected the port and wasn't happy at all with the band.  I got a revision to a Sleeve and am so happy I did.  Four weeks with the sleeve and I was back to the lowest I every reached with the band. 

All you Ex banders, check out the failed band board.  There are almost as many member as Band Grads. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Srg2
on 3/14/13 10:04 am - CA

I am having my revision from band to bypass tomorrow!  Your story gave me tons on encouragement I made the right choice!

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

baxtersmom
on 3/19/13 1:36 am

I am one week out from Lapband to Gastric Bypass revision and I'm feeling great....so happy to be rid of the Lapband

christyj74
on 3/19/13 2:54 am

How long is it taking you to recover.  I'm a secretary...is it reasonable to say I'd be out of work for just a week? (band to RNY)

christyj74
on 3/19/13 2:53 am

This is great to hear!  I am in the process of getting insurance approval for band to RNY revision and I'm scared to death!  It's just such a major decision...it's good to hear success stories.  I still haven't made up my mind but I'm 90% there.  I've had the band for 7 years, lost maybe 45-50 lbs, and now I'm back to the same weight pre-surgery.  I just may contact you for questions!  Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics