2nd COnsult today with wakeforest medical- Dr MCNATT

TynettaM
on 3/18/13 2:29 am - Greensboro, NC

Good morning all....

Today I had my consult with my new surgeon, Dr MC Natt. He is on the name team as Dr. Fuzz.

He was very open and really explained the progress and the why's of how they do what they do.

I will be having my surgery done in two parts.

Before some of you go awe that awful....I like the logic behind it,.....

He will take my band off out patient, then he will repair my Hernia (small)- common with banders.

After my band comes off he and his team will monitor my eating and exercise habits for 3 months.

This will allow them to see that I want this.....that I'm not playing and medically....it will allow my stomach to heal from possible 5 years of band scar tissue and recover form the hernia repair. He finds that this allows the stomach to heal and lowers that chances of leaks.....

I'm excited.....I go see Mrs Noress Thursday for my 2nd appt.

MsBatt
on 3/18/13 3:35 am

I think a period of healing after removing a Band is pretty common---and a really good idea.

You don't say what you're planning on revision to, but I hope you've researched the Duodenal Switch. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats for patients of any size, but this is especially true for those of us with a BMI greater than 50. The DS also has the best stats for resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol.

Most Active
Recent Topics