Unable to keep mushies down 4 weeks out from Band to Sleeve revision

ButterflyAna
on 4/2/13 4:46 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I had my revision done 4 weeks ago, but unable to keep mushies down. I am barely keeping my protein drinks down and am not getting all my vits or water in.

Has anyone had similar stories with a good outcome.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

pineview01
on 4/2/13 10:23 am - Davison, MI
What kind of protein drinks are you using? I found thinner ones to use with the sleeve than I had with the band. Those were think and hard to get down.
Also was your revision from band to Sleeve done in one surgery? If it was, I have seen others here have the same problems. Mine was done in two with a 4.5 months wait.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ButterflyAna
on 4/3/13 8:24 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I am using Unjury shakes, I use 2 scoops in my morning shake and then 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner. My surgery was done in one procedure. I am just very tight and feel like throwing up all day. I am throwing up 2 to 3 times a day.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

pineview01
on 4/4/13 1:50 pm - Davison, MI

That seems to be common in the all in one revision.  Just keep making sure you get protein.  For know that will be from shakes. I know they moved you to mushies which most virgin sleeves can do.  You need to do what is right for you.  They gave me the same guide lines as virgin sleeves and due to the healing I did between surgeries I didn't have the issues the all in one revision do.

I use the Syntax Nectar,  I also had the Unjury unflavored.  I added that to all mushies when I started them.  

I would call your surgery center and let them know, you may need to be dilated.  For now just keep doing liquids and see if you don't throw up.  I know at least one person here that had to do liquids and IV rehydration for four months.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics