Revision questions

Allen Y.
on 4/6/13 5:56 pm - Garland, TX

I had a VBG in 2001 and had a revision to RN in 2012. I am doing ok both weight loss wise and with food toleration. My labs are ok too. I had a fistula a month out from the RNy and had to have the whole thing done over. Right now something that concerns me is just above where my navel should be, I have what I would call a fist sized knot just under the skin. I know what a hernia is and have had one before. this is not like a hernia at all, it never moves at all. It is sensitive to the touch. Could it be some kind of non mobile hernia? The one I had before I could actually move by flexing my abdominal muscles. I guess the next time I see a doctor I need to ask them to look.  

JulieIND
on 4/7/13 12:00 am - Indianapolis, IN

I would call the doctor on call today or call your regular doctor first thing in the a.m.  It could be a strangulated hernia.  That's a pretty large mass to wait until the next time you see the doctor, IMO.

jzwife
on 4/8/13 6:49 am

It sounds like a hernia to me also. I wouldn't wait. I had a strangulated hernia and ended up having emergency surgery while on vacation- not a fun trip.They are not to be messed with and you never know when they will rear their ugly head!

Sharon

pineview01
on 4/8/13 7:40 am - Davison, MI

I agree with the rest!  Don't wait!  Miss seeing your on the over 50 forum.  But, I can understand why your not there.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics