Looks like revision for me!

Linda_S
on 5/2/13 8:53 am - Eugene, OR

I saw Dr. Deveney at OHSU today.  We talked quite a bit about my current endocrine, malabsorption, and hypglycemia problems and he stepped out for a bit to consult with my endocrinologist.  He says he will write a letter to my insurance seeking approval of revision to a sleeve for me.  We ended up agreeing that a DS would most likely not be the best for me, considering the digestive problems I already have.  I'm fairly comfortable with this decision and will now wait to see what insurance has to say.  I will love being awake more than asleep if they'll approve this for me!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Hislady
on 5/3/13 6:01 am - Vancouver, WA

I so hope you get a speedy and positive reply from the insurance, waiting just makes it unbearable! Best of luck to you I hope this resolves all your issues!

Linda_S
on 5/3/13 6:13 am - Eugene, OR

Thanks.  I am a bit anxious but, as I told them yesterday, I've been dealing with this for a couple of years, so if it takes a few months to get the ducks in a row, I won't get too upset.  I'm already writing my appeal, just in case!!  They were impressed that I brought them a copy of my most recent blood work, my abdominal CT, and my blood sugar readings.  Way back when I tried to get my initial RNY, I realized the best way to get all your records together was to do it yourself!

Vicki PNW
on 5/5/13 1:48 am

Keeping my fingers crossed that the insurer will approve the revision to VSG!

Best of luck!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Linda_S
on 5/5/13 2:48 am - Eugene, OR

Thanks - Dr. D said he had no problem writing a letter for me.  I was supposed to go back up in two weeks, but couldn't get an appointment before four.  I guess we'll know before then!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/13 3:04 am
Swinging chickens for you Linda.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Linda_S
on 5/12/13 8:12 am - Eugene, OR

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics