Consultation...I dont need a revision..I need a kick in the ass!!

Tricie 40
on 5/24/13 6:36 am - Back Home For Good, IL

My consultation was with Dr Vivek Prachand on 05/22/2013. I have to say that as far as WLS goes, I have been truly blessed. I have had the best 2 surgeons I could ask for. Dr. Prachand pretty much said my pouch is almost the exact same size it was 6 years ago and I can't expect my tool to work if I dont work my tool. You see I stop taking vitamins and stop counting calories, stop caring about my protein. I stopped it all.....except gain weight...that I continued to do. You Think?!?

The bottom line is I need to see somebody about Binge Eating Disorder and I need to start back making this pouch do what it do.  

I just wanted to give you guys an update. Have a great weekend

Tricie

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

Hislady
on 5/24/13 1:56 pm - Vancouver, WA

Sounds disappointing but really is good news that your pouch is still a good size and that you have nowhere but up to go now. Just have to go back to the beginning and get busy again. I think the successful people in any surgery are the ones *****alize this is a life long change right from the beginning. They understand that this will be the way it is forever, you will always have to count calories or at the very least log your foods and protein daily on some place like myfitnesspal, take the vitamins and deal with any eating disorders. I think it should be a rules that any eatings disorders must be dealt with for at least a year before any surgery. Not trying to be mean or postpone people's surgeries it's just that I see so many people deal with this same problem. They have a diagnosed eating issue but are given surgery thinking this will resolve the issue but it won't by just making a smaller or even malabsorbtive stomach, all surgeries can be eaten around by a determined addict. The food addiction must be dealt with first, not necessarily cured but at least a good long time of treatment and learning new coping skills.

So look at this a as a blessing, you still have a working tool and now you will learn the  skills to help it be successful, wishing you all the best!

LEE
on 5/24/13 3:02 pm

Time to get to work.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Most Active
Recent Topics