One Year Out

JennLyric
on 7/12/13 11:09 pm

Hello One and All:

I had my band to RNY surgery on June 29, 2012.  I have since lost 94 pounds.  While my weight loss feels like it has been a bit on the slow side, I have to remember a few things:

1.  I lost NINETY FOUR POUNDS!

2.  I went from a size 28/30 to my just-purchased size 12 jeans (still snug, but they zip da**it!)

3.  My blood levels are NORMAL

4.  I weigh in my 180s, not my 280s

5.  I have had NO complications from surgery

6.  My thought process has moved from "I need to lose a million pounds" to "I want to lose about 40 pounds"

So, as I face a scale that refuses to move at the moment, I remind myself of all of these things and I'm very grateful.  The numbers will change, but I'm working hard on focusing on the above-listed gifts.  I go through weird head trips like everyone else, but at least I'm here to go through them.  It'll take far more than a year to fully adjust to the changes that have occurred and I'm working on being gentle with myself.  I highly recommend that.

Thanks for always being here for me to check in.  I remember writing about how petrified I was and you were all there to push me forward. 

Jennifer

pineview01
on 7/15/13 7:59 am - Davison, MI

Congratulations on your one year!  Doesn't it feel good to have a tool working for you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Alopez46
on 7/20/13 3:17 am - Mission, TX

I really like what you wrote :) you are so right I had my revision on June 11, 2013 SW 220 CW 198 and I feel like its been slow and I get discouraged that I will not loose. But now I read what you wrote and it makes me feel better. I am really proud of you. Keep it up and I hope I am successful just like you.

pineview01
on 7/20/13 1:34 pm - Davison, MI

I had my revision on Jan 22, 2013 SW 220 (pre-op diet 234)  CW 179.  Only 1.6 pounds per week.  You have lost 22 pounds in 5 weeks, 4.4 pounds a week.  You are doing GREAT!angry  Don't be discouraged! 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Alopez46
on 7/20/13 2:08 pm - Mission, TX

Thank you so much.... kiss

Kidda G.
on 7/29/13 11:59 pm
Great progress!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics