Stomaphyx /gastric revision

bailgirl
on 7/15/13 10:15 am - Easley, SC

I'm looking for a surgeon in South Carolina that does the Stomaphyx revision. 

MsBatt
on 7/16/13 2:07 am

You don't really want this. It doesn't work.

bailgirl
on 7/16/13 2:03 pm - Easley, SC

Give me some advice on what to do. A year ago my husband and I split up and unfortunately I am a stress eater and have gained 45 lbs. I need to get back on track but I'm hungry all the time. Please help!!!!!

MsBatt
on 7/17/13 1:23 am

A few questions. Have you had an endoscope to see what size your pouch and stoma really are? It's rare that the pouch actually stretches---usually it's the stoma. Hence, the Stomaphyx, which sadly rarely works. Some people opt to have a Band placed over their too-large stoma, and some have good success with this. However, that comes with problems of its own, not the least being that the Band is not intended to be a life-time product.

Hands down, the most effective revision from the RNY is to a true DS, but this is a very complex operation, done only by a handful of surgeons. There's a list of them here:http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4599894/RNY-to-DS -revision-surgeons/

Do you journal your food? That's where I think you should start. Since you say you are a stress eater, I suspect you're just plain eating too much of the wrong things. Unfortunately the RNY only works as long as you work it.

Whit
on 7/16/13 3:05 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Yeah I have to agree with Ms Batt... have you researched it? I do not think there is any long term success...

Best,

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active
Recent Topics