What is wrong with me????

ButterflyAna
on 7/29/13 1:25 am - Gilbert, AZ
VSG on 03/04/13
I really wish I knew what was wrong with me. This weekend was dreadful I did not take my meds or vits, I did not drink even one protein drink. I tred to eat but just threw everything up, because I am still unable to eat food. I think that there is a glitch in my brain. I am coming up to 5 months post revision. I am down 34 pounds and am okay with that, but I am truly starting to hate protein drinks, or maybe I should say I despise them. I used to overeat and now I am undereating. I know that is why I have been stalled for 2 weeks. I see my Dr. again in a couple of weeks to discuss having my pouch dialated so that I can eat more, but I do not know if I want to. Maybe staying in protien hell is where I need to be. I wish I knew what decision was the right one.
If I hear even one peson say that WLS is the easy way out, I think I am going to kick the stuffing out of them.

HW 360 Lap Band 4-15-08 (322)  Revision to Realize Band 11-15-11(249)  Revision to Sleeve 3-4-13 (249) CW 189

Hislady
on 7/29/13 9:48 am - Vancouver, WA

This far out you should probably be getting most of your protein from actual food not protein shakes. They would only need to be used if you need to supplement your protein  from food. Sounds like you may have a structure which will need to be dialated so you can actually eat real food. None of the surgeries are designed for living on protein shakes. Once you can eat food you should be able to get basck to weight lose. Personally I would try to get in to your doc sooner than the 2 weeks, a stricture can cause serious problems if not treated correctly. Good luck hope this will take care of your problem.

pineview01
on 7/29/13 3:40 pm - Davison, MI

If you have a stricture and need to dilated I would get that done asap.  If they are going to dilate just so you can eat more I'd wait.  Many report being able to eat much more after the sleeve heals and matures around 6-12 months.

I still start my day with a protein drink.  But, I use a cappuccino, chocolate or vanilla Syntrax Nectar mix with decaf.  This is thinner and taste lots better.  Than I try eating protein foods all day.  If I am short am night I will have a fruit flavored BariWise protein mix with crystal light complimenting flavor.  I am able to get at least 80 g protein.  I am for 100-120 but, figure 80 is good as the new Nut only requires 60-70 g protein.

Good luck hope all gets better for you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics