Dr office has me frecked out!

mpafford
on 8/22/13 3:11 am - TX

So last night I had a very bad night with the coughing/reflux. I mean bad. I did not sleep a wink.

Set up for Endoscopy tomorrow early.

I called the Dr. office and told them about last night, spoke to the PA, he basically told me that from what I am telling them, I have the hernia, and could have an obstruction. Said I need to get the band out ASAP!!!!!

Depending on what they find, will not have the revision done same time.

They want me to go ahead and get my cardiac clearance done right away. THAT scared me!

My son and daughter n law are coming next weekend from NC. She is pregnant and we are having a baby shower, and cookout with all his old friends.

I am about in tears.

Need some prayers please.

Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
band2sleeverevision
on 8/22/13 5:16 am
VSG on 02/25/13

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues. I had my band for 10 years before I started having issues.  I had the EGD on Thursday and then had a follow up appointment scheduled on Monday following.  I was out of town for the weekend and the dr. office kept calling.....when I got in there Monday they slapped me in and took it out.  I had to wait 90 days for a revision to allow the stomach to heal and there was still scar tissue clearly visible on the UGI when I got sleeved.

That kind of reflux is very dangerous.  If you have a recliner handy, sleep in it as much as you can.

Praying that they don't find anything serious.

mpafford
on 8/22/13 5:23 am - TX

Thanks for the reply.

I am hoping for the best outcome. But after talking to him today, he said he pretty much thinks I will have to wait for revision.

They called me to set up a cardiac clearance as soon as they can.

I asked about my insurance covering this since is Urgent and they said if you have an exclusion, they will not.

I have tried to sleep in the recliner, not helping. I do have a wedge pillow I am using, it did not help at all last night.

How are you doing with your sleeve?

Montie P
Lap band 3-4-05 starting weight 312 now 190
LBL/BL  w/lipo            6-18-08
Arm/Thigh Lift w/lipo  1-07-09

Sometimes losing is really winning!
Hislady
on 8/22/13 6:55 am - Vancouver, WA

You are at the point where it doesn't matter how it comes out, it just needs to come out! Aspiration pneumonia is a very real threat when you are having that much reflux and coughing. Don't even worry about a baby shower you MUST get the band out as soon as humanly possible! Good luck to you!

pineview01
on 8/22/13 8:25 am - Davison, MI

If your surgery center is any good they will code this as a hernia repair and obstruction.  At the same time they will remove the band.  If it is safe, they would let you self-pay the difference and sleeve at the same time. Depending on the state of things some people have gotten a RNY at the same time due to erosion of the stomach.  There have been many scenarios that have played out here.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics