Re-sleeved

nedsmehlp
on 8/24/13 4:23 am - Hutchinson, KS

I had VSG in 10/08.  Lost 182 lbs.  Have gained back 110 lbs, and I am devastated!!!  I have become addicted to sweets, and cannot control myself.  I would like to know if anyone has been re-sleeved, and if so was it more difficult, did you have success losing again?  PLEASE tell me all you can, I AM DESPERATE!

pineview01
on 8/24/13 1:41 pm - Davison, MI

What are they going to do to resleeve?  Did you talk to anybody about getting the DS?  You have the first part and now you might benefit from the by-pass part of the surgery.  I would check out the DS boards and see if you can get help/info there.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lisa O.
on 8/26/13 1:51 am - Snoqualmie, WA

I have the same issues with sugar.  I developed a cross addiction after having great WL success with the band.  Once I let sugar back in my diet I couldn't control myself!  I had to get my band removed in May from complications from dilation and reflux.  I'm revising to RNY which is what I should have done in the first place.  I need malabsorbtion and the fear of "dumping syndrome" should keep me from testing the "sugar waters".  

It seems that getting re-sleeved (if that'spossible) wouldn't help much unless you can give up sugar.  Is your pouch stretched?  What would re-sleeving do for you?  

Personally, if I can go a week without sugar and other simple carbs I can get back on track.  But once I try sugar again, it's over.  

Maybe DS or RNY would be a better choice for you?

Best of luck in making this difficult decision!

Lisa

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

nedsmehlp
on 8/26/13 2:05 am - Hutchinson, KS

Thank you all for your help.  I made an appointment with my bariatric surgeon and dietician.  I know I must do something instead of sitting here feeling sorry for myself.  Wish me luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics