BCBS in Texas

lianna
on 11/29/13 11:24 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I am trying to locate a doctor in Texas that will do a revision from lapband to sleeve.  I have BCBS and have several Hospitals/Physicians listed under the "Blue Distinction" requirment, but I dont have a clue how to find out what doctor would be best for a revision. 

Does anyone have any personal knowledge or recommendations on how I can choose a doctor? 

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

Hislady
on 11/30/13 1:52 am - Vancouver, WA

You might want to post this on your state forum too for a better chance of reply. Good luck!

Karen M.
on 11/30/13 6:21 am

Hi I have BCBS I'm getting my revision in Dallas,Tx w/ Dr.Alexander . He is a awesome surgeon and had a great staff they will handle all that for you once you get approved.  

Good Luck

(deactivated member)
on 12/1/13 7:07 am - San Antonio, TX

I don't know what part of Texas you're looking to have you're revision done but I had mine done by Dr. JJ Gonzalez in San Antonio about 2 1/2 years ago. I was revised from a non adjustable band to a RNY. I know he does do the sleeve also. I would highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez, I was a difficult revision because of the type of band I had and I haven't had any complications. 

jalivia2
on 12/5/13 11:21 am - Spring, TX

I just started working with Dr. Dexter Turnquest in Houston, TX. Good luck to you)

nan5622
on 12/2/13 11:13 pm

Lianna, I am looking for a doctor in the Katy, Houston Texas area also. I want to have a revision form lapband to sleeve. I have Cigna! Please keep in contact if you fine any one.

rivieramaya05
on 12/5/13 3:06 am - TX
VSG on 12/16/13

I'm in Houston. My revision surgeon is dr. Dexter Turnquest. I'm so pleased with everything about his practice. My revision approval took 5 days. His staff is on top of stuff ad his insurance coordinator actually does her job. My band surgeon was a nightmare. This dr is a breeze

Most Active
Recent Topics