In hospital, internal bleeding n constant vomiting.

nessa3678
on 12/22/13 2:35 pm - LA

I had revision from lap band to RNY in 2010.  It's been the best decision I've ever made.  I'm down to a very healthy weight and feel great but lately, last 6 month, I've  been vomiting on a normal basis with intense stomach pains.  I was admitted in the hospital for 3 days where I was giving 2 pints of blood do to a very low blood count.  While there my surgeon did a scope which turned up nothing.  Two weeks later I had exploratory laparoscopy and an colonospocy done to find the blood loss.  I had a hernia repaired but everything else looked great.  I'm still, 3 weeks after surgery, throwing up regularly.  I had dilation done in December of 10'.  Is it possible I may need to have it again?  I don't want to keep stretching but I also don't wasn't to live on protein shakes n soup the rest of my life.  Anyone ever had this happen to you?  Thanks in advance.

1st goal reached in 6 months!                     
    2nd and final goal to reach by 4/29/11...(10 months post-op)
Hislady
on 12/23/13 2:43 am - Vancouver, WA

I could be wrong but I think you can develop a stricture at any time and need to have it widened. Ask your surgeon about it.

nessa3678
on 12/23/13 5:12 am - LA

yeah, I figured that. He had mentioned something about scar tissue having something to do with it.  I've been told today to only take in liquids until I can see him on Jan 10th!!!!  Ugh!  Very frustrating but at least I am able to get fluids down.  Thanks

1st goal reached in 6 months!                     
    2nd and final goal to reach by 4/29/11...(10 months post-op)
Most Active
Recent Topics