Having the band removed and Sleeve revison

Michelle I.
on 1/5/14 3:31 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Oh my gosh.  So tomorrow is the day.  I will have my band removed and be sleeved at the same time!  This all happened so fast for me that I only had to do 2 days of liquids.  Today is the second day.  And here is my fear....I AM STARVING!  I am so afraid that after the surgery and I remain on liquids I am going to feel like this.  I don't like it.  All the food and smells around me are pure torture.  Will the hunger mellow out after surgery?  I am ready to do this but in being honest with myself I am so scared!  

LaToya S.
on 1/5/14 6:13 am - Edwardsville, IL
The first days are the hardest. I had to do a week of liquids over Thanksgiving. Now THAT was torture!! Good luck! After surgery you won't think about how hungry you are.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

Michelle I.
on 1/5/14 6:38 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Thank you so much LaToya S.  I was really freaking myself out!  The fact that I have a large family and am still cooking I can only say THANK GOD I only had to do liquids this weekend...and surgery is at 11:30 am PST tomorrow so that will be that! 

LaToya S.
on 1/5/14 8:33 am - Edwardsville, IL
You got this! Luckily, my husband loves to cook and he came up with all kind of things and flavors for me to make it through my liquid diet

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

pineview01
on 1/5/14 3:24 pm - Davison, MI

I had to do a 2 week liquid diet for both surgeries, band and sleeve.  The first 3/4 days was the hardest.  After surgery it is easy to stay on it.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

QoftheU
on 1/5/14 6:02 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
I ditto pineview01... WAY different after surgery. And I'm a LB to RNY so I've been there! You can do it!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Mike1300
on 1/13/14 10:20 am - Pell City, AL

How did you fight the insurance? I am seeking a lap band removal due to failure and seeking a sleeve. Is there a lawyer or something else that I can use that will fight in different states?

Thanks

Mike 

Michelle I.
on 1/20/14 9:57 am - VSG-1/6/14, CA

Mike, 

Seriously I did not even have to fight.  My PCP (Kaiser) referred me the Kaiser Bariatric because I had the LB(paid cash) put in back in 2007 in Mexico and I was having some issues.  Reflux and night cough to the point I wanted to die!  When I saw him he just ordered an upper GI and told me to pick a date in January and get that thing out.  He just told me depending on the scar tissue involved if it looks good while he is in there he will sleeve me at the same time.   Needless to say I woke up sleeved.

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/14 9:50 pm
Revision on 01/07/14

Good luck today!  I am doing the same thing tomorrow!  I also am on a 2 day liquid diet and am having those same worries - it is no fun but worth it.

Michelle I.
on 1/5/14 11:29 pm - VSG-1/6/14, CA

And good luck to you!  The crazy thing is mine is coming out because of the reflux and awful night cough!  Keep me posted on your journey because I am right there with you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics