Sleeve to DS - Several Questions (I am searching past comments too) Would love some help

LaToya S.
on 1/5/14 5:39 am - Edwardsville, IL
This is in regards to those of you who have had the VSG and then the DS.
I have several questions and will list them all here.
If you have an answer to any of them I would greatly appreciate a response.
I had the VSG 11/2011 I am going to meet with a new surgeon January 20th to see about the revision to the DS (or completion of the DS). So I have a few questions that I will be asking them but would like to see some of those answers from those who have went through the DS and are currently living the DS lifestyle.

#1 - If you had the surgery in two steps, VSG and then DS later, did you have to make a lot of changes between the two in regards to your diet?
#2- How is your everyday life since having the DS?
#3- What can and can't you eat?
#4- Do you think you lost "too" much, how can you STOP losing?
#5- Do you ever regret it?
#6- How much do your vitamins cost you on a monthly basis, what all do you have to take?
#7- What was your starting weight before DS, where are you at now?
#8- How do you get your protein in? I cannot eat eggs or dairy AND I have never been able to tolerate protein shakes and drinks. What do you do for your protein? What other options are there out there?
#9-How much can you eat at a sitting?

I am sure there is more but that is all for now.

Thanks in advance!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

pineview01
on 1/5/14 2:42 pm, edited 1/5/14 2:43 pm - Davison, MI

I didn't but, I have the VSG and my sister the DS.  She was losing too much.  They wanted to redo the switch but she didn't understand and was afraid to so opted to stretch the sleeve.  In her case, her sleeve was larger than the VSG as they made them very large.  So now with her very stretched sleeve she eats like a horse and goes the bathroom about the same.

I would have gone with them shortening the switch had I had her issues.  She also has medical issues from not getting proper nutrition.  Major bone loss and has had many feet surgeries and recently broke her hip.

If you can't get your protein in now, I don't know how you will with the DS.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics