want to get revision opinons on what works best.

kathleen j.
on 2/3/14 7:58 am - Chepachet, RI

Hi I had realize band 2\2\2010 I did great lost about 115lbs . I now have gained about 75 back Iam going to see surgen to ask for revision.

pineview01
on 2/4/14 8:10 am - Davison, MI

Have you figured out WHY you are gaining back?  Is it problems with the band?

I went band to sleeve.  I have had great luck.  Give a little more history so we might be able to help

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

DrAceves
on 2/6/14 5:57 am - Mexico
When converting  from a lap band  you have a wider selection of choices fortunately.   The ones I have found to be most effective are the following:    1) Revision from band to sleeve.   Many surgeons may question if a revision from a failed  restrictive procedure ( lap band)  to another restrictive procedure, sleeve, is a good choice.  In my experience patients are very successful, even the ones that did not do very well with the band do well with the sleeve.  Quality of life is better and weight loss is better than with  the band.    2) Revision from band to bypass.   This is also a very good option, patients do very well and some  do need the extra help of the malabsorption.  Patients with severe acid reflux may want to opt for the revision to bypass  as it takes care of it too.    3) Revision from band to DS. Excellent option for weight loss and long term maintenance.  Most invasive  surgery of the 3.        Please note that there are no perfect surgeries, each  has its pros and cons.  They are  effective for weight loss but according to your life style, medical history, medication you take,  etc one may be a better option for you than another.  Discussing this with your surgeon will help you decide what may be the best option for you.      Best of luck! 

Dr. Alberto Aceves

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-alberto-aceves/

alexia3
on 2/8/14 6:36 am - N Scituate, RI

Hi Kathleen,  I was banded by Dr Roye myself in 2008.  I just saw him yesterday to discuss issues I have been having with the band for a few years.  My band has been unfilled for most of the time, but I still throw up often.  He definately suggested removing the band asap and we spoke about my choices for a revision.  I was terrified of this apt, but so glad I did it

Most Active
Recent Topics