REVISION DENIED

ceedott
on 3/11/14 5:52 am - PA

MY INSURANCE DENIED ME FOR MY SURGERY BAND TO SLEEVE DOCTOR'S OFFICE GOING TO DO A PEER TO PEER HOPEFULLY IT ALL WORKS OUT

SlimDe
on 3/11/14 7:56 am

Hope it works out for you.

Hislady
on 3/11/14 9:40 am - Vancouver, WA

I wish you the best of luck, this happens way too often.

Epthomas59
on 3/11/14 11:08 pm

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

ceedott
on 3/11/14 11:28 pm, edited 3/11/14 11:28 pm - PA

THANKS EVERYONE DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT THIS SITE

SINCE I HAVEN'T TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THE REVISION PART ONLY

THE BAND REMOVAL. WELL MY BOYFRIEND KNOWS ABOUT EVERYTHING

AND HE HAS BEEN VERY VERY SUPPORTIVE ABOUT MY DECISION

mari7878
on 3/12/14 2:26 am

i also just found out the same my insurance denied me and my doctor will have to do a peer to peer. i hope your insurance co. changes their mind i will be praying for both of us. 

ceedott
on 3/12/14 3:25 am - PA

what type of insurance do you have? i have personal choice and independence blue cross just changed there policy but it has to be medically necessary so i'm praying for you and me

i have to get this band out and something else done i honestly need help with my weight loss journey. i was doing so good with the band and then all of a sudden i started having problems

good luck hope it works out for the both of us and anybody else whose going thru the same thing

ceedott
on 3/12/14 9:10 am - PA

JUST HEARD FROM THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE AND IT'S DENIED AFTER THE PEER TO PEER

QoftheU
on 3/20/14 11:48 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Just a suggestion here regarding "netiquette"... it's uncool to type in all caps! 

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

pineview01
on 3/13/14 6:03 am - Davison, MI

My insurance also would only OK the band removal with documentation of medical need.  I had to have the band out, photos taken with surgical notes and 2.5 years of documentation to prove I was compliant with the band and it caused the medical need for removal.  They also talked to my center and required all my notes.  After many denials along the way at every step, I was approved for the sleeve.

I had a verbal appeal and a peer to peer review.  Good luck!  Hope all goes well.  It was worth the fight!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics