Just really scared and doubting myself need help please!!!!

neamom
on 4/13/14 11:16 pm

Hi all

Had my sleeve done in 11/2010 lost only 50 lbs from 265 to 215 then started gaining despite going back on metformin, exercising etc...( have PCOS, diabetes) I am all set to get my DS done in the next couple months.  My doctor will also scope me and decide if my sleeve needs re-done aside from worrying about the complications of all of that, I am very worried about malabsorption issues.  I plan on being fully compliant, but what if that is not enough, will I start breaking bones in my 60's and 70's or needing iron transfusions weekly?  I am considered to be a lightweight by OH standards I am currently 236.  I know now that I need that malabsorption component to overcome my PCOS and diabetic metabolism (which sucks BTW)  I am just so afraid I am doing the right thing.  I want to be healthy for my family and for myself I would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions

MsBatt
on 4/14/14 1:40 am

There are no guarantees in life, and it's true that some people have problems even when they're fully compliant. The key is regular lab work, and monitoring trends YOURSELF. It's much easier to stop a slide than to recover from it.

Most people who do get iron infusions (not transfusions!) get them once a year.

pineview01
on 4/21/14 2:33 pm - Davison, MI

Some people just need to have the 2nd stage surgery.  If you need the malabsorption than you need to add the DS.  Keep on top of your supplementation and labs.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics