Just Shy of 9 Months Post Op

tdbull
on 5/10/14 12:10 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I'll be traveling on the business the next 2 weeks, and away from a scale and tape measure on my actual 9 month surgiversary, so did my numbers today, May 10. I weigh 115lbs, only a 2lb loss in the past month, for a total weight loss of 82lbs, all post op loss, as I didn't have a pre op diet requirement. I've been upping my total calorie intake to figure out how much I can eat for maintenance. This past month, I have been averaging 973 calories a day over this past month. So I likely will need to stick to around 1000 calories a day in order to maintain this weight loss, or up my exercise. I get on the treadmill nearly every day - about 30-45 minutes at 3.8 mph and 1.5 incline. This past week, I have been running at 4.2 for part of this time. Even though I didn't lose a lot this month, I did lose 4.25 inches overall. This brings my total inches lost to 60.5". I am very pleased with this progress in just 9 month. I do very well with my vitamins and liquids, and really setting goals every week around food and fitness. Food is because I seem to be eating too many Quest protein bars (I use them as my sweet treats), and now Skinny Pop popcorn to curb my chewing cravings. I really think these are the reasons my weight has also slowed - due to taking in more carbs. But this is a journey, and so far, I am handling it ok. Maintenance has always been a struggle for me in the past, with my weight loss efforts - I seem to get bored with reading the same number on the scale. So I am looking for others ways to show 'success', that will satisfy me as much. I am still searching - but this month, I had to take in more pants, and I bought XS tops, so this is sort of a success. I currently wear size 0 pants and usually a S top, sometimes XS. Feel free to read my monthly blog posts, check out my pics, and friend me or ask any questions. I believe revision from band to RNY was the best decision I ever made. Wishing all Mother's a very Happy Mother's Day weekend.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

pineview01
on 5/12/14 12:51 pm, edited 5/12/14 12:51 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations on your 9 month revision anniversary!  Quest protein bars are my life saver.  I love them as the carbs in them are the good, fiber kind.  I use them as my night time snack.  As for Skinny Pop popcorn, read the label.  If you can stop at 1 cup, use a measuring cup, more power to you.  I can't stop there.  It is a trigger food for me.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

tdbull
on 5/12/14 12:55 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Yep. I know it's a big trigger for me and that I can't stop. I have to keep it completely out of the house.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

pineview01
on 5/12/14 1:53 pm - Davison, MI

I was at a scrapbook weekend and found it funny how many ladies where being "healthy" eating there Skinny Pop.  By the big family size bags.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics