Arrrgh - 50lb weight regain thinking revision in Mexico?

Dragonfairie
on 5/12/14 6:00 am - Dickinson, TX

I had a VSG in 2009 - ended up with a leak and was on TPN for 8 wks - got down to 135 and maintained that for 4 years. Now with perimenopause and a phlethora of illnesses and deaths in the family, I have regained 50 pounds in the last year. This despite the fact that I have been exercising and watching what I eat - none of my clothes fit anymore and I absolutely refuse to buy a size 18. Plus, my reflux has returned with a vengence - after my EGD this morning, the doctors put me on Nexium twice a day due to esophageal erosions. They also said that my sleeve is dilated. I am looking at a revision but the doctors that I have called here don't want want to do it - they say to go back to the original surgeon but he's the one I had a leak with! I tried losing by going back on the immediate postop diet and lost a whole whopping 3 pounds over 4 wks - but I was hungry all the time and the reflux was kicking my hinny whether I ate or not.

Has anyone else had these problems? What did you do and who did you go to? Any recommendations in Mexico?

Elizabeth
VSG - March 2009 w/Brad Snyder
LBL, BL/BA, small thigh, brachioplasty, upper & lower blephroplasty and facelift on 12/20/12 with Dr. Sauceda!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/12/14 9:49 am

If I went to MX, Ungson is the only surgeon I'd go to.

de67bbie
on 5/13/14 4:35 am

where is he located, and through what company>

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/13/14 5:47 am

He was actually not my surgeon, but years of research later, I WISH he was. If I were to do anything again, he'd be one of maybe 2 or 3 top picks in the world.

Dr. Gilberto Ungson
Email: [email protected]
Cell: 044 662 256 2357

Dr. Gilberto Ungson
Paseo Río San Miguel Av #35
Proyecto Río Sonora , Hermosillo, Sonora,
Mexico Zip Code 83280
Tel. +52 (662) 259 0977
Tel. +52 (662) 217 5666

Hospital CIMA Hermosillo:
First Floor, Office #2
Paseo Río San Miguel # 35
Col. Proyecto Río Sonora
Hermosillo, Sonora
C.P. 83280
Mexico
Phone: (662) 259-0965 or (662) 259-0900 ext 1100
Fax: (662) 259-0967

pineview01
on 5/12/14 1:49 pm - Davison, MI

You might want to post this on the Mexico boards.  You can do lots of research there.

First though I would start journal every bite you put in your mouth. Journal you exercise and find yourself a therapist that work with food issues if at all possible.  I was amazed at the difference this can make.  Also if you have a support group get there too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

cindyj578
on 5/13/14 4:48 am - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

I had the sleeve in 2007 and developed severe acid reflux.  I have developed Barretts Esophagus and after going to the Gastronologist and him sending me to the surgeon to do something about the acid reflux, they have decided the only option is the RNY.  They have what is called the LINX, which is a magnetic chain that goes around your esophagus.  I am no a candicate for that because of the Barretts Esophagus and severe esophageal erosion.  My only hope is the RNY.  So I am going to be revised from the sleeve to the RNY in July.  My original surgeon is in Mexico as well.  My doctors were able to get it covered by my insurance company because of the seriousness of the situation.  Barretts Esophagus is a precursor to esophageal cancer.  Of course it isn't a guarantee of getting cancer, but I am not taking a chance.  I am very thankful that my insurance is going to cover the procedure, I just can't take the pain anymore, and don't want to sleep in the recliner anymore.  Really looking forward to sleeping in the bed again.  So with that being said, I would check with your gastronologist and see if he will send you to a surgeon that will in return send you to a bariatric surgeon for the RNY.  Good luck and I hope that this has helped.  

MS.LISA
on 6/19/14 3:41 pm - Salem, OR

Hi my my name is Lisa and I have problems with acid reflex 2 I wake up with acid going into my lungs in the middle of the night is that something that you had a problem with that caused you to get barrettes?  I had my sleeve November 2010 lost 100 pounds and was one 15 and now I've gained 50 pounds back let the slider foods in an stop working out I need to get back on track but it is super hard to do I was interested in how you found out you had a hero did a stuff again and also what is the links that you were talking about?

cindyj578
on 5/13/14 4:50 am - Saint Cloud, FL
VSG on 03/08/07 with

By the way, I used to live in Dickinson Texas,  on Pin Oak drive.  :)

Most Active
Recent Topics