Upper endoscopy

kdmox
on 6/23/14 3:46 am - Baltimore, MD

I am having this tomorrow in preparation for my revision from band to sleeve. Can anyone tell me what to expect? Pain? Can I go back to work? How long? Thanks!!

Hislady
on 6/23/14 4:26 am - Vancouver, WA

I was put under for mine so I didn't have pain and I can't imagine having it done without being put under anesthesia. In that case no going back to work the same day of course. Didn't your doc give you any kind of instructions for this procedure? Are you sure it is an endoscopy? You really should call them and find out what the situation is.

kdmox
on 6/23/14 4:30 am - Baltimore, MD

I was told I was going to be "sedated" and would probably not be able to return to work as I would be sleepy.  This got scheduled last minute in a rush to get it on before my surgery. How long does it take?

catalina07
on 6/23/14 6:15 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I had an endoscopy. In my case, i had bleeding ulcers and I was in a lot of pain when they woke me up. Next day back to normal. It takes awhile for the anesthesia to wear off so I wouldnt go back to work till the next day.

56sunShine14
on 6/23/14 6:23 am

kdmox,   you will not be returning to work that day but should be able the next.  You will be sedated in a sort of "twilight" and it has a mild abnesiac which will most likely prevent you from remembering any of it.  After ward, they will take you for an xray and that should be it, you will go home same day if there are no complications.

Didn't you have one prior to having your band done?  I did and thought it was a normal pre-op thing.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

pineview01
on 6/24/14 12:24 pm - Davison, MI

I didn't have one pre band or sleeve.  I only had mine to find the problems caused by the band.  I wonder why they wanted you to have it pre surgry.  Also I did not have a xray after endoscopy.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

kdmox
on 6/23/14 9:13 am - Baltimore, MD

Thank you all so much for your responses!!

56sunshine...i really don't remember having one!!

pineview01
on 6/24/14 12:28 pm - Davison, MI

I didn't have one before the band or sleeve.  The only time I had an Endoscopy was to determine the problems from the band.  They gave me the loopy meds a while before going in and I swear I didn't even go to sleep but as stated I don't remember the procedure.  My husband did say it only took a few minutes.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics