Revision sleeve to sleeve maybe bypass

mawdebo
on 7/27/14 11:16 am

Hi everyone !! Just looking for someone that has been in the same bolt I'm in. I was sleeved in 2007 I was 256 lbs. lost down to 170. I'm back to between 205-210. I'm anemic and have acid reflux. I'm scheduled on Aug,9th in Tijuana Dr.valenzuela to be resleeved if my pouch is not stretched they will then go to bypass. I have been hearing that my reflux may go away. I'm on iron tablets. I had hysterectomy to help with that. I also have been hearing that with revision with whatever I go with there is a chance I will not loose weight. Went through surgery very well first time . But I think I failed the sleeve the first time. I crave ice with the anemia but seams every time I eat ice I am hungry afterwards. Anybody ever have this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

mawdebo
on 7/27/14 11:52 am

Also if anyone has been resleeved and has some pictures to show there success. Would be appreciated :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/4/14 12:31 am

I don't have an answer for you, but when I was sleeved in 2010, I thought a sleeve couldn't be revied to RNY. I'm encouraged to hear that it now can so I'm following this post!

mawdebo
on 8/5/14 2:27 pm

Yes mam my dr. Said if my pouch has not stretched they would do the by pass. Start liquid diet Thursday. Surgery Sat morning. I have been thinking to tell them lets just go with bypass. But I will post Sat. After surgery (I hope) lol 

My first goal 

DYFAN
on 8/4/14 1:19 pm
RNY on 07/16/14

I had a revision from sleeve to bypass on July 16th in large part because of the GERD and than secondary the weight loss.  Apparently I one of those small percentage of people who develop worse GERD after the sleeve.  It also didn't start until 2 years out.

So far, no reflux whatsoever.  I'm on Nexium for two months until everything heals.  The only strange thing was I was burping some the first week after surgery and it tasted like brussel sprouts.  Maybe in my mind, who knows.  Thankfully it went away.

I was really on the fence for this.  I got insurance approval in April.   When I saw the pre op blood work and my A1C and glucose were elevated (first time in years), I realized that it was something I needed to do.

jillbeme
on 8/5/14 11:25 am
Revision on 07/29/14

Glad to see you're doing ok.  I had my revision on the 29th.  I'm tired but moving along and so far no reflux.  :)

Jill     

mawdebo
on 8/5/14 2:42 pm

It's good to see you doing well. It gets better everyday. I'm hoping mine will to the 2nd time around. Hope to hear how well your doing soon and all about the weight you have lost!!! :)

My first goal 

mawdebo
on 8/5/14 2:31 pm

It's great to hear you no longer have Gerd. I hope I will no longer have it. How much weight have you lost since your surgery .

My first goal 

DYFAN
on 8/5/14 11:06 pm, edited 8/5/14 11:08 pm
RNY on 07/16/14

Since my preop on 7/8/14 I've lost 25 pounds (3 lbs. before surgery).  I'm pleased with the weight loss, actually surprised but today is three weeks so I'm expecting things to slow down.

I talked to two gastroenterologists before surgery (one left town and had to find a new one) but the one I have now said he's never seen anyone with GERD after the bypass.   My surgeon said he's only had a few that had mild reflux after bypass but they had it really severe.  He's also told me he's done the surgery on some overweight people because of reflux and its cured them.  Think the odds are definitely in favor of it being gone.

My surgeon never talked about re-sleeve.  My sleeve hadn't stretched and re-sleeving would not have fixed the reflux, maybe made it worse actually.

Good luck on the 9th and let us know how you are doing.

mawdebo
on 8/6/14 2:10 am

Yea I have a call in and told them I wanted to go with the bypass. I think it's my best bet. That is good on your weight. If your weight slows I'm sure it will pick back up.keep the good work up . Sounds like your doing really well!!

My first goal 

Most Active
Recent Topics