La Band removal recuperation

Marivonne Diaz
on 11/22/14 12:18 am - Austin, TX

How long is the recuperation after lap band removal? How many days should I take from work? Thanks in advance!

HugsMarivonne  375/332/195/160 consult day/surgery/actual/goal  

airbender
on 11/22/14 5:51 am

obviously depends on what you do, and how your surgery went,  but band explant is easy, I was only out for a couple days.

BarbaraM
on 11/24/14 8:00 am - lindenhurst, NY

I was out of work 5 days and felt instantly better.  Good luck😊

o10coa
on 11/24/14 9:37 pm
VSG on 03/09/15

I had mine removed two weeks ago and I took 3 days.  It depends how you react to general anesthesia and you may be sore from the incisions.   they blew up my stomach and it was swelled up for a few days, my clothes did not fit and it bother being tight.  so I recommend you stay home for first few days.

Zee Starrlite
on 11/25/14 3:57 am

Just depends on you. How do recover from anesthesia?  

for me, as always the port area is most uncomfortable for awhile.  Sleep position is a task and just feeling sore and uncomfortable at the site.   I think I only had a long weekend then returned to work.  I was more depressed than anything - having turned down a revision while on the O.R. table lol.  I went home  with a big stomach inside and I just felt down.  the nurses in recovery kept telling me "don't worry honey - your stomach will still feel small like it has a band around it".  "You will feel restriction".  The truth is I did not feel different inside after removal- I had been completely unfilled 6 months before removal.  Having no fill in my band was like wearing a bracelet on my finger.  So there was no difference.

You make me want to look back on my posts :)

Best,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics