ITCHY ITCHY TUMMY

yanynna
on 11/27/14 7:09 am - Irving, TX
Revision on 11/18/14

I want to claw off my tummy!!, I've been itchy since day five but yesterday and today have been unbearable. All of my 4 incisions are red around it and bumpy, and they itch like a mo%€$ f^¥€£ . Could I be having an allergic reaction of the glue???i am 9 days post op. There no glue where the drain was and that the only incision that is not red.. Any suggestions??

Hislady
on 11/27/14 8:43 am - Vancouver, WA

I've never had a problem with the glue but I have read of others that did have a reaction to it. Call your doc Fri and see what he says. If it is red from itching that'as one thing but if it is from itching an infection you have to make yourself stop! You don't want a bunch of scars!

bublegirl1
on 11/27/14 3:55 pm
RNY on 11/10/14

I always got itchy from the medical tape they put over the glue. Mine didn't get that red and I didn't let lyself scratch. Just kind of tapped it. Lol 

-Amie

ShebasMom
on 11/29/14 2:02 pm, edited 11/29/14 2:03 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I had an allergic reaction to the glue. My first surgery, rny, I had an itchy red incision.  My second surgery 9 months later, gall bladder removal, I had redness, swelling and draining blisters by day 4. I should of called my surgeon, but the nurse in me removed the glue and applied aloe vera to the site. Within 24 hrs, the swelling and blisters were much better. I now include dermabond (glue) to my allergy list.

disclosure: I am not recommending anything.  You should always contact your surgeon for any problems. 

yanynna
on 12/1/14 11:12 am - Irving, TX
Revision on 11/18/14

Thank God it's not an infection. I just got an allergic reaction to the glue, it's getting better but it's still itchy. I am taking Benadryl and putting some cortisone cream on the incisions... 

Most Active
Recent Topics