Band to RNY

Kennerknecht
on 1/8/15 3:28 pm

I doubt anyone remembers but i was on here back in about April maybe may. With concerns about revision from Lapband to RNY (I hadnt actually decided at the time), but was concerned due to tricare policy. Well I had lots of great advice from several helpful people on here. Unfortunately they still denied me and said it was not medically needed. So I decided to try other diets and see how that goes.

Well fast forward to December. I had extreme pain radiating from my port site. So I went to the ER locally and they said it has nothing to do with my band, I had a cyst on my ovary that was causing all the pain. So they gave me meds and sent me home. Still in horrible pain (which had been going on for several days) I got a call the next morning stating that radiology looked at my MRI and my band was broken, to immediately go see my surgeon (who is not who did my band due to moving) so I called and went in and within 2 hours o was prepped for surgery. My band had slipped and was literally strangling my stomach! The pain was because it was on the verge of rupturing my stomach. This was last month. So o went into get my staples removed and spoke to my dr about attempting to resubmit for RNY. Well I got a letter and I'm approved! I'm so excited...except that I just got a new job and I'm going to have to speak with them about having surgery.

so I wanted to share my story but also get a census about how long it took you to heal and go back to work. I am a CNA in an assisted living facility so little to no lifting and if I'm on light duty I can ask someone else to lift. It's a brand new facility and I need the job, but I no longer have insurance come April and would hate to pass up this opportunity. 

Starting Weight - 350             Goal Number One 299
Surgery Weight-  335             Goal Number Two 249
Current Weight-  325             Goal Number Three 199
Goal Weight -      150             Goal Number Four 150

Judy A.
on 1/10/15 11:36 pm
RNY on 01/08/15

Im sorry you had to suffer in order to get the approval for your revision, but sometimes we just need to go through the crap to get to the reward at the end!  Wishing you all the best!

Judy

moviemum
on 2/11/15 2:01 am

Wow good luck! You've been through a lot and experienced one of the things the surgeons tell you about - the twisting and strangling of the stomach! Yikes.  Take care of yourself, I hope you do the revision in time..tell this new job you will be as good as new and ready to tackle the job once you get yourself taken care of.  Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics