Revision Surgery through Medicaid

Debi M.
on 3/14/15 5:52 am - Belleville, IL

I had my RNY Gastric Bypass in 09/05.  I started at 310 lbs. and after 2 years dropped down to 117 lbs. That was too much as everyone except myself thought I looked sick & almost deathly. I thought I looked great.  Anyway, after about 7 years I slowly began to gain weight. At 140 lbs. I realized everyone else had been right & I was waaaay too skinny before. I was now at my perfect weight & wanted to remain there.  Well, I didn't & kept gaining. I currently weigh 215 lbs. and am actively researching Revision Surgery.  I would like to know if anyone has had the revision on Medicaid.        I don't know if the state matters or not, but it is Illinois. Thanks so much for helping.

904dezinerstouch
on 3/18/15 1:32 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/18

I live in Florida and had Lapband surgery march 2012 and now I am having a revision to Gastric Sleeve through Medicaid . The process was very quick.

2ndchanceGS
on 7/21/16 6:36 pm

I just started the revision process with medicaid you said the process was quick how quick

Lora Leach
on 9/19/15 11:22 am - Goreville, IL

Debi-

have you found a surgeon that will accept medicaid for revision surgery? I had my RNY in 4/05.. I started out at 406 as my highest weight and over the years, especially the last 5 yrs, I've gained back almost all of my weight. If you have any information, I would appreciate some help, as I am just starting to research this myself. And anything I find, I will be more than happy to help you with as well. You can always email me at [email protected] too. Thanks so much! :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics