Band to Sleeve

deanswife1990
on 5/6/15 5:29 am - SC

Hello everyone.  I'm a lapband patient who is having a revision to the sleeve on May 27th.  I was first denied by my insurance but having a great doctor who was willing to fight the insurance company I finally got a surgery date.  The thing is....my insurance will only pay for one weight loss surgery.  Since the insurance company considers the lap band removal as a weight loss surgery, my surgeon is having to do the removal and the sleeve at the same time.  Has anyone had this done?  I have total confidence in my surgeon but I just want to hear of other's experiences.  Also, if you band to sleeve was successful and how was long/difficult was your recovery time?

Hislady
on 5/6/15 7:30 pm - Vancouver, WA

I haven't personally had it done but I do belong to several sites for failed bands with many, many other people who have had the band removed and sleeve done at the same time with no problems. Some surgeons just don't have the skill to do them both at the same time and others just want to let the stomach heal up from removing scar tissue before going ahead with the sleeve. In reality there is little reason to do 2 surgeries when it can all be done at once. Best of luck on your revision!

Susan C.
on 5/12/15 2:45 pm

I had my band removed and the sleeve done last week (5-5)  No real issues so far.  I am getting bored with full liquids, tired of what seems like almost everything is sweet.  The port site is pretty bruised, but I have been told it will heal.  Good luck on your surgery.

Susan

Susan C.
on 5/12/15 2:48 pm

Had my surgery last week (5-5), band removed and sleeve done at the same time.  No real issues, except I'm getting tired of full liquids (still another week).  It seems most of the choices are sweet...getting tired of sweet stuff.  The site where my port was is pretty bruised, but is already getting better.  I feel great, wish I hadn't waited as long.  Good luck with your surgery!

Susan

Nurse12334
on 5/25/15 6:05 am

I had mine done in one procedure and it was terrific.  No problems.  Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics