anyone have insurance not aprove lap band removal?

judeloren
on 8/12/15 7:53 am

hello i have been waiting about a month and a half for insurance to decide if i can get my lap band removed. I was just wondering if anyone has had insurance say they wont cover it? i have a pretty amazing insurance so i cant imagine them really doing that but I'm anxious!

SandieMc49
on 8/12/15 1:08 pm

A month and a half is too long - there is something not right!  Please believe me, I work in health insurance.

Contact them immediately - ask for a supervisor.  Explain that you have been waiting a long time and request they check into it for you.  Your insurance may be pretty amazing, but maybe the doctor's office that made the request isn't!

Please let us know.

Sandie

judeloren
on 8/13/15 5:07 am

yeah i talked to them a couple weeks ago they asked my Dr for more information and the Dr sent it. but that took some time. my Dr's office called them Monday and they said they didn't get the info so she faxed it while they were on the phone and they said should hear in about 5 days...

im sure its fine i just was kinda expecting them to just say ok lol

Baby1234
on 8/12/15 4:53 pm

What is your insurance?

judeloren
on 8/13/15 5:05 am

federal blue cross blue shield

Baby1234
on 8/13/15 5:47 am

From what I have read by others on this blog and others your insurance plan seem to be pretty good in approvals.

They are not the same as Horizon NJ Health BCBS which is Medicaid.

judeloren
on 8/13/15 8:38 am

yeah they approved me to get the surgery to have the lap band no problem.. just not sure to get it out.

Karen D.
on 8/19/15 6:55 pm - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
On August 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM Pacific Time, judeloren wrote:

yeah they approved me to get the surgery to have the lap band no problem.. just not sure to get it out.

Can I ask why you are getting the band out?  Did you have problems and if so, what were they?

Thanks!

judeloren
on 8/20/15 5:00 am

Sure! yes i am having problems... i have had my band since 2007 and it worked fairly well i lost 80 lbs but then i had the fluid let out when i was pregnant. i tried to re fill the band after baby but it was so tight i couldn't swallow anything even my own spit so i had it let out again. ( I thought empty but apparently it was half full) i was afraid to fill it after that and i had another baby and gained everything i lost back plus some. I was feeling sick for months and i didn't want to fill it so i went to see my dr about getting it out. while i was there i was coughing and had heartburn, something i hadn't had since i got the band. she said she thought maybe my band had slipped. i never even thought my pain, sickness and cough were related to the band. they let the fluid all out of my band. Then things got worse i couldn't eat i started throwing up. a week after the band was emptied i felt this weird movement and then i could eat again so i think the slipped band fixed itself. 2 days later i had an upper gi and they said it was fine but are rushing me to have it out so i can feel better. heartburn was so bad i was taking twice the over the counter omeprazole and had no relief.

i think it slipped again though because i cant eat again and am throwing everything up. or someone pointed out could have damaged a nerve that can cause neasua

my surgery is 8-31.. hope i make it that long.

Baby1234
on 8/23/15 8:05 pm

The lapband is miserable...

Most Active
Recent Topics