After 2 failed Lap Bands I am approved for the Sleeve

Debbie R.
on 10/5/15 12:04 pm - Las Cruces, NM

In 2007 I got my first band. The doctor didn't put it on right, so after a year of fills and no restriction I saw another doctor who said it wasn't placed in the right place. In 2008 the new doctor removed everything and placed another band. Over the next 2 years I lost 70 pounds. In 2010 I got the flu and was throwing up a lot. I had the doctor remove some of the fluid but it was too late, the band slipped out of place. The doctor left it in hoping it would go back. my insurance at the time wouldn't pay for it to be removed so it was left in me for another 3 years. I slowly gained back 50 pounds. Finally in 2014 the band was removed. Since then I have gained back all my weight plus more. Now my new insurance is going to pay for the sleeve. I am excited and nervous at the same time. My surgery date is November 3rd!

DonnaMaria
on 10/5/15 11:23 pm

Hi. Sorry you have had so many problems with the band. I have had two surgeries on my band and am having a revision 1/5/16. I can't wait! Best of luck to you!

Debbie R.
on 10/6/15 7:52 am - Las Cruces, NM

Wishing you the best also

Hislady
on 10/6/15 9:54 pm - Vancouver, WA

Good luck to both of you. This is becoming far more the norm than we ever expected. We were told so many lies!!! You will love your new surgeries and finally know what success feels like!

Most Active
Recent Topics