Apollo Overstitch went well !!

cher22
on 10/31/15 1:18 am - Oak Park, IL

I had the Apollo on Oct 27 today being day 4 post op .

No pain what so ever in my tummy

Fat lip from breathing tub YES !! LOL

Extremely painful muscle pain YES ;;; This is due to the Anesthesia UGH

The pain felt like i had worked out with the heaviest weights ever , I wish the doc would have mentioned this side affect

it is called postoperative muscle pain (myalgia).

Sipping Clear fluids and eating little bites of jello

Dont feel much of a restriction But then again im only on liquids

Weight loos since 5days prior to surgery has been 8lbs

I even gained 2lbs yesterday due to the sodium in the meat broths i have been sipping They have sooo much sodium ugh

I am not a salt person

Today was my best day !

EVERY DAY I AM JUST GETTING BETTER AND FEEL SUCH SELF LOVE FOR THE CHOICES I HAVE MADE

Thylia
on 10/31/15 6:55 am - Boston, MA

Good Luck I had my Apollo Wednesday October 28th throat still Sore

cher22
on 10/31/15 10:32 am - Oak Park, IL

Thylia

Thank you ! I wish you a quick recovery as well!!

My throat doesn't hurt as much as it feels like something is stuck at the base of my neck/throat and where my chest begins ugh

However today is a better day and Felling so achieved with my choice

Stay in touch with your progress and I will as well

P.S. I think they need an Apollo board here on OH

Happy Halloween

msgin
on 11/8/15 10:39 am - Florence, AL

what is the apollo oerstitch?

msgin
on 11/8/15 10:53 am - Florence, AL

what is the apollo oerstitch?

Gavin B.
on 4/9/17 7:00 am - Orlando, FL
How are you doing?
Tricie 40
on 11/5/15 8:42 pm - Back Home For Good, IL

Cher

I live in Blue Island and looking for a surgeon for Apollo overstitch. Who is your surgeon and where are they located?

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

cher22
on 11/6/15 12:24 am - Oak Park, IL

Hi 

My surgeon is Dr. Fred Tiesenga in Elmwood park ill 

He is the one who did my gastric over 10 years ago! 

Here is his website http://www.suburbansurgery.com/

Today is day 9post op  almost done with clear liquids and im down 10lbs 

I dont feel a restriction kind of disappointed But greatful for Dr T 

It is up to me now to get Back on track 

Im hear for you if you have any questions 

Tricie 40
on 11/6/15 12:40 pm - Back Home For Good, IL

Cher22

When you say you don't feel a restriction, are you saying you don't get that full feeling? What are you disappointed about? Do you think the weight loss(which is great BTW)is due to the liquid diet and not due to the procedure because you don't feel a restriction? Do you think you don't feel a restriction because you are just consuming liquids and not "real food"? Sorry for all the questions. Ive been research this for a long time. I went to Dr. Alverdy at University of Chicago Hospital and he pretty much told me to stop eating Cheetos. I know I need this revision and I just wanna make the right decision

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

cher22
on 11/6/15 1:14 pm - Oak Park, IL

Dr. Alverdy is a good doctor ive heard from others , His stop eating cheetos is sooo funny yet not nice to say to you LOL 

Dr. Fred T is a very funny friendly guy as well !  He is a Great surgeon and he kind of knows IT lol but he will listen to you and guide you in the right direction , I like you went in knowing that I wanted the Apollo and told him what i wanted and he said ok This surgery is for someone like you ! 

I was hoping to feel that full feeling that i got after Gastric and that was even with a few sips of water i felt full. 

I can feel that the pouch is smaller so that is a good thing :) I have eaten a bit of a smashed banana due to being so hungry LOL And that did not make me feel that feeling. 

Tuesday will be my last day of liquids But to be honest with you I have had some mushed up food tiny bites here and there .. like pasta and and banana oh and some blended lentil soup  Tine bites though just to satisfy the hunger pain from all the liquids 

I do feel right now my weight loss is due to low cal liquid diet , I will keep you up dated as to how it goes once i am on blended then solids . 

I as well did my research and have come across people that have been happy and disappointed with the Apollo and few tried to 

tell me not to do it !! I am glad that i have had the surgery I did expect a bit more But im ok with what i am feeling , I know my pouch is smaller and I do feel that this long period of liquid diet is resetting my eating habits  

I am excited for the future 

LOL I just reread what I typed  lol 

I am a bit all over the place lol 

But in the long run I know I choosing the Apollo was right for me It is a tool and the rest is up to me and I feel strong 

Enjoy your day 

I hope i have helped 

Never to many questions Ask away anytime 

Most Active
Recent Topics