What not to say to a weight loss surgery patient

Jobsies
on 11/1/15 1:09 pm - Pitman, NJ

14 pounds lost before surgery. My first ticker is when I hit onderland: this was my goal when I started on this journey.  I want to focus on that right now...once I get there I can reevaluate.

My second ticker is my dream goal. Even if I only visit there for a short time, it would be nice to see that number just once.  I am pretty sure I'll need plastics to hit this goal.

Lisa09
on 11/1/15 4:22 pm - NH

Thanks for sharing the article!

HW: 280 SW: 270. CW: 190. Goal: 140

Lap Band: 10/2007 Insurance Approval: 10/19/15 Revision to RNY: 11/2/15

Preop -10 M1 -26  M2 -19  M3 -10  M4 -11  M5 -3  M5  -4  M6 .. Too tired to do the math, but slow

Ladytazz
on 11/2/15 2:58 pm

I love the people who say I should have just ate less and moved more. Really? I never thought of that. I had WLS for nothing.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

cmcelfish
on 11/5/15 9:28 am

Every doctor I have is skinny. All they say is calories in calories out eat less move more answer to all my problems right. I have one doctor who says anyone can loose weight sitting on their couch just eat less. I can gain 2 pounds watching the fast food. Commercials.

capodo
on 11/14/15 5:42 pm - Chicago, IL
On November 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM Pacific Time, cmcelfish wrote:

Every doctor I have is skinny. All they say is calories in calories out eat less move more answer to all my problems right. I have one doctor who says anyone can loose weight sitting on their couch just eat less. I can gain 2 pounds watching the fast food. Commercials.

"I can gain 2 pounds watching the fast food. Commercials."

*clapping* Amen to that my friend! Me as well!

"Sam.  Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."  --Optimus Prime, Transfomers2

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted.  He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."  --Psalm 34:18a

capodo
on 11/14/15 5:47 pm - Chicago, IL
I know for a fact there are overweight people who are heavy simply because they take in more than they expend. I'll even cop to being guilty of this to SOME extent myself. But... After trying countless weight loss programs, fad diets, tricks, etc... and not losing weight - I can't STAND when people say this to me.

When people say to me, "Fat people just need to eat less and do more." I retort with, "Really? Because if that was the end-all-be-all solution? THERE WOULDN'T BE A FAT PERSON ON THE PLANET!!"

"Sam.  Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."  --Optimus Prime, Transfomers2

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted.  He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."  --Psalm 34:18a

Most Active
Recent Topics