Medicare for revisionz

cmcelfish
on 11/17/15 1:33 pm

did anyone have toto get approval from medicare. I am wondering how difficult approval is and how long does it take. Thank You

Valapp
on 11/19/15 8:55 am

I had a revision from lap band to gastric bypass on July 27, 2015.  Medicare required a psych evaluation, clearance from my cardiologist and the doctor required a nutrition evaluation.  I am on straight Medicare with a med supplement.  As soon as I got all three things done, they scheduled me for surgery. It did not have to go to Medicare for approval.   I spent two days in the hospital.  Medicare paid all my charges.  I am so glad I had it done.  I have lost over 40 pounds in the three months since surgery.  It has been my experience that people having revisions don't lose quite as fast, but it has been consistent.  If you have any other questions, let me know. 

HW 280

CW 168

Goal 165

cmcelfish
on 11/19/15 9:05 am

Thank you for the information. Make me feel better I have lots done have to have syc. Review and scope test had stress test get final heart clearance middle of Dec. What worried me the most was the letters of medical necessity and they are done and on there way. Thanks for information 

cmcelfish
on 11/19/15 9:05 am

Thank you for the information. Make me feel better I have lots done have to have syc. Review and scope test had stress test get final heart clearance middle of Dec. What worried me the most was the letters of medical necessity and they are done and on there way. Thanks for information 

Most Active
Recent Topics