Distal bypass

shineg2g
on 11/20/15 1:30 pm

Hi all revisioners,

My dr's office is sending up my package for the distal bypass approval.  I voiced my concerns in regards to the procedure so that I am comfortable in my decision that is best for me.   My questions were about the gas and multiple bowel movements per day.    He stated if I don't consume greasy, oily, fattening and fried foods I should not experience these issues "often." 

I've researched the actual procedure and read reviews of patients who have had the distal bypass and taken consideration of the good along with the bad.  However, I haven't read what their daily diets or eating habits were that contributed to weight loss and non weight loss and the digestive system  I know that I have to change my eating habits but wanted to know  a true result of success for this procedure.  I know everyone and everybody is different and results may vary. But if I am guaranteed a weight loss of at least of 50+ pounds by my doctor, as a patient what can I look forward to experiencing

We dicussed the overstitch and I find that may not be a good fit for "me."  Since my pouch is dilated, why not overstitch this as well with the distal.  His response was insurance may not approve both. If you've had the distal, please let me know your true experience and if you feel this was the best decision for "you."

i can't wait for the approval but more anxious in your response. 

Thank you in advance for your time..

2ndThymearound Sharonda Ronda

shineg2g
on 11/25/15 9:04 am, edited 11/25/15 1:06 am

approval received!!!!  On to the next!!! I'll reply with my own updates and diets and see where it goes fromit may help someone else!!!!

AngelicMythology
on 12/29/15 11:44 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13

Congrats. I was converted to distal due to my abnormally freakishly long intestines. My common channel is 130. I had my revision in Jan 2013.  I've kept all weight off so far. I wish they knew initially that I had so much extra intestine. Good luck with your surgery.

January 8, 2007 - RNY - HW: 285, LW: 135

January 21, 2013 - Revision - Distal RNY: HW: 235, CW: 135

Sharon H.
on 1/7/16 12:20 pm

I'm seeking a revision to distal (no haters please, be n there already) - so I'm interested in keeping up!  I can't wait to share your progress!!!!!

ES

Most Active
Recent Topics