Seeking revision - many questions

Sharon H.
on 1/7/16 3:00 pm

I had RNY in 2009.  I lost 100 lbs and maintained for 4 years.  I was put on medication for depression and anxiety that caused this maintenance to be nearly impossible.  Even eating as I had been during maintenance and exercising faithfully I still gained.  As we speak I've gained 15# since the end of October.  I have RH which is controlled with acarbose and subsequent seizures which are also controlled now.  I see my RNY now as having failed because of my now 60# weight gain and so I've called my surgeon to begin talking about revisions.

With regard to revisions, my insurance will cover this but I am unsure about BMI, weight gain requirements, types of original surgery failures considered.  I was hoping those of you who have gone through this could tell me your stories.

Thanks!

eli

hollykim
on 1/7/16 7:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 7, 2016 at 11:00 PM Pacific Time, ElianahSharon wrote:

I had RNY in 2009.  I lost 100 lbs and maintained for 4 years.  I was put on medication for depression and anxiety that caused this maintenance to be nearly impossible.  Even eating as I had been during maintenance and exercising faithfully I still gained.  As we speak I've gained 15# since the end of October.  I have RH which is controlled with acarbose and subsequent seizures which are also controlled now.  I see my RNY now as having failed because of my now 60# weight gain and so I've called my surgeon to begin talking about revisions.

With regard to revisions, my insurance will cover this but I am unsure about BMI, weight gain requirements, types of original surgery failures considered.  I was hoping those of you who have gone through this could tell me your stories.

Thanks!

eli

have you had an EGD or anything to show a malfunction with your original surgery? If there is not a mechanical failure,they will usually say it is the patients non compliance that has caused the gain.

Most Active
Recent Topics