Questions about revision

vroberton11
on 1/22/16 2:25 pm

I had RNY in 2009 I was 365 I got pregnant 6 months out. I got down to 223 I felt great I was confident I met the man of my dreams and I felt love and support (something that I never had before). After the birth of my daughter I fell into a deep depression and things took a turn for the worse. I gained ALL and then some of my weight back I got up to 391 I was at my breaking point. I went to my doctor and she put me on Phentermine and I've lost 40 pounds I am back down to my surgery weight of 350. I am still not happy and have stopped loosing despite the med. I have a appointment on Feb.10th at Mayo Clinic with a Endocrinologist to talk about a revision. I also have an appointment with a dietitian and a psych appointment. I am beyond scared because I have been turned down by 6 hospitals. What should I expect what if they tell me no as well? My life is depending on this as I can't have IVF till I am down to under 220. I am SO lost I don't know what to do or think anyone PLEASE help!!

Thanks in advance,

Valerie

Gwen M.
on 1/23/16 2:11 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating every day?  Are you measuring and logging everything you put in your body?  Start there.  Then see what you're eating and what you need to change to get back to the way you know you're supposed to eat post-op.  

Have you had an endoscopy to make sure your RNY is functioning correctly?  That should be your next step.  

Your third step should be to find a therapist and start seeing him/her weekly.  Figure out what's going on that's keeping you from losing weight and how to course correct.  

You CAN do this.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

acbbrown
on 1/23/16 4:36 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Have you dealt with the depression? Depression is a huge contributor to a lot of people's weight gain. I know for me, I could pack on lbs faster than anything when I was depressed. It took me years of docs and therapists and meds and med changes to get my depression under control. I regained 70 + lbs after my VSG and couldn't stop gaining to save my life. But now, I'm 100x better and the weight is coming off rather easily. The solution for me was Overeaters Anonymous. It helped me physically, mentally and spiritually. If you are interested in how it's helped me, send me a PM and let's chat. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics