Who told you the insurance has been approved

cmcelfish
on 2/1/16 4:29 am

I was wondering who told you your insurance company has approved your surgery. I have my last nut appointment on the 12 th I have heard nothing if I have insurance approval. I would think the doctors office would get approval so the patient is not going thru all these requirements for nothing. I get no answers from my doctors office the only one I talk to is my NUT and she has no answers. Some contact some information would give some encouragement that I am moving closer to surgery. Maybe after all this time I am just getting impatient an update would surely pick up my spirits.

L. 68
on 2/1/16 10:50 am

CM   

Call your Insurance # on your card you can call them to see if they received anything from your doctor.  Did your office say they sent out the predetermination letter.  I would call your Insurance than call the Doctors office and demand an answer.  

Thats's what i did today because i wasnt getting calls returned by the coordinator just to ease my nerves .  So i called her SUPERVISOR left a detailed message stating to please call me back and give me an update although they have me in the book for MARCH 1.

She called me back (the supervisor) and explained that my doc wasn't there (2 weeks Off)  but her and the Nurse were able to get the letter done with signature of another doctor at the practice (i know them all) and it will be sent out today.  I told her i will give it til friday to make sure they received it.  I already know they didnt (LOL) because i called myself  and they (my insurance) told me when they do receive it it will only be a couple of days for approval.  So dont wait you will drive yourself crazy  CALL both of them.

good luck 

and keep me posted

Hislady
on 2/1/16 6:00 pm - Vancouver, WA

The insurance company will send a letter to you and the doctor.

Karen D.
on 2/5/16 9:18 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

I found out by getting a phone call from a nurse at my docs office wanting to schedule surgery!  Could have knocked me over with a feather, I was shocked.  Then a few days later I got a letter from my insurance company pre-authorizing the surgery.  

Solaris_lun
on 2/13/16 1:19 pm - Waldorf, MD
RNY on 03/21/16

If your last nutrition appointment was on 01/12/16 I wouldn't be too panicked yet.  My last nutritionist appointment was 02/01/16 and my surgeon's office called me on 02/11 to let me know my insurance had approved me for surgery and now I have my surgery all scheduled.  Patience goes a long way during this whole process I think.  

Most Active
Recent Topics