2 1/2 years later

shawna W.
on 2/1/16 12:28 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

hi my name is Shawna and i had surgery July 2013. i lost 164 pounds from 358 to 194....now im 240. scary. well i have had my doctor repeatedly look at my stomach when i felt i made no progress with him i stopped going to him for the last year ad half.. i felt he didn't care much and just basically did a procedure and was left from there. well i maintained 194 till about mmm 8 months ago and slowly gained weight, some from gaining muscle (lifting weights heavily) and some from what i noticed is eating more often and being so hungry. recently i got off a short lease with my insurance and went to standard while i still have it till the end of February. i got in touch with just a GI doc instead cause i didn't want to see my old doc, just didn't feel like he was getting anywhere. well i have had stomach spasms since i had he surgery almost 3 years ago and they happen here and there. used to be frequently. the new doc prescribed a anti spasm  med and they work well when i do have them. he order an upper GI barium swallow. i finally think i know what's wrong... in the barium swallow i had a experienced doc with me doing the test and he told me what was happening. well a normal gastric patient takes about 45 minutes to digest....it took less than 5 minutes to go from swallow to my rectum...that's no good. im waiting to here back from my GI doc and see what he says. the doc who did my GI scan said my pouch was still pretty small but i digested at a concerning rate. so my thoughts are my stoma is large where literally everything passes through me and i feel hungry pretty quickly. and i felt this too cause man i have so much diarrhea all the time.. so hopefully we can get this fixed by end of February... but i doubt it... sadly. so i hope i don't gain more weight. im just ravenously hungry and i try to fill it with fluids....obviously it don't hold well either. 

do i ask for a revision?

foreverbusy
on 2/1/16 4:17 pm - Glenside, PA

Hi,

I am almost 12 1/2 years post rny, with similar issues.  Whenever I eat, quickly after it sounds like i'm starving, stomach rumbles and growls, as the food seems to fall through.  I am hungry way more than I used to be, and have gained back about 60 of the 150 I lost. My original surgeon had no follow up either. 

I have an appointment for February 22 with a new doctor, hoping for help, both with the digestion issues and the weight gain.  I need a new knee due to the osteoarthritis I have and the surgeon refuses to even schedule until I lose 60- 80 lbs.  I don't want to be in a wheel chair, I want to run and keep up with my grandsons!

Keep me updated on you!  

Dawn

shawna W.
on 2/2/16 5:14 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

thank you for sharing :) and yeah i agree with the hunger, i do maintain only eating a certain amount a day i keep track. and it is a lot of digestion issue (pain)

i really hope your new doctor can do something for youfor you digestion issues and get that knee replaced!!

i will try and keep yous all updated

:)

shawna

sheriberi29
on 2/3/16 2:45 pm - Cleveland, TN

Is a roux en y the same as bypass 

shawna W.
on 2/3/16 3:33 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

yes

Most Active
Recent Topics