Sleeve to RNY revision due to stomach twisting??! would LOVE to hear from Sleeve to RNY...

hipswishingvinegarball
on 3/1/16 11:19 am

Do you mind my asking who did your re-sleeve? I don't hear of them often, and have heard it's because they are hard to do when the stomach tissues get thinner with each surgery. I try to keep up with the good surgeons that do some of the tougher procedures. 

So happy you have resolution to your gerd as well. Mine resolved when I had my DS (also a sleeve stomach) but I have heard of a few that have gerd after getting their sleeve, and have wondered if it's how the sleeve is made. I like the sleeve a lot, and would have loved to have a stand alone sleeve myself, but had metabolic issues and knew tiny meals was not going to be enough for me, so went with DS. I love my sleeve, and love being truly satisfied with tiny meals. 

janinemarie
on 3/2/16 6:24 am

I had my revision at tri-state bariatrics in New York.  He said my sleeve was big so he was able to fix it and make it smaller.  I'm glad your gerd issues are better, I agree its nice to feel satisfied with just a few bites.  

breuxo
on 3/1/16 3:26 pm

my mother had the sleeve 25 years ago, recently due to complications she had by pass revision. she was probably about 250 at the start she lost weight before surgery and now works hard and is at a weight of 179 4 months out from surgery. 

RedHead86
on 3/24/16 1:58 pm

UPDATE: For anyone wondering... I met with 3 surgeons and all 3 recommended a revision due to my upper GI. I have decided to stick with Dr Keshishian in Glendale. WOW did he blow me away. Spent so much time with me. Brought a board with pictures did drawings, explained everything in detail. Highly recommend him. Scheduled for an endoscopy April 5th. Will keep you updated

Most Active
Recent Topics